Its designed primarily to let you control all the important radio functions without turning the screen on, using only the single button on your headset.
Main features include:
* User definable action for:
- headset button long press.
- 5 different headset button short presses.
- widget next/previous buttons.
* Control headset button responsiveness.
* Ready-to-go. No pre-scanning required.
* Use in stand-alone mode, or via widget.
* RDS (Radio Data System) info display.
* Text to speech.
* Add station frequency manually if needed.
* Control media player with headset button.
* Power saving.
ScreenFree FM Radio is expected to work on many variations of the Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy S II. It will not work on variants where the FM radio is missing, disabled in hardware or disabled in software.
ScreenFree FM Radio was developed and tested on the Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-I9100).
Based on the feedback from users of the Samsung Galaxy S radio widget (on which ScreenFree FM Radio is based), ScreenFree FM Radio should work on the following Galaxy S variants:
* Galaxy S (i9000)
* Bell Galaxy S Vibrant (i9000M)
* Galaxy Apollo (i5800)
* Galaxy SL (i9003)
may not work on the following Galaxy S variants:
* Vibrant (in general)
and will not work on the following:
* T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-T989)
Does ScreenFree FM Radio work/not work for you? Please leave feedback here with details such as phone name, model number, carrier, and if your phone is rooted/flashed.
Where can I get it?
ScreenFree FM Radio is available through GetJar or via direct download here: